Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hiatus

So you clicked in on the off chance that I might again share with you my biting wit. That's not really a guarantee that I can make, but I got a little bit o' mama som'n som'n.

I was a SAHM for a very limited time in the scheme of things, yet I can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that I am and have been a ladder climbing, corporate dwelling, working mom for quite some time now.

It's true, I am a WM, (why can't there be any cool monikers for working moms?) and I am only recently facing some of the bigger challenges that the title entails. We are the ever rising "in this economy" dual income family. I won't tell you the rest because, internet, it is too depressing. So I am an official child care juggler with one car, because my piece of Shit baby is broke the fuck down.

Do you know how hard it is to get child care for 3.5 hours 1 day per week and 2 days every other week. It isn't fair to me or the provider, arrgh! I pay through the nose for my 3 day a week cooperative pre-school and still can't manage to get it all worked out. Then there is the nightmare of the Southwestern public school system. I mean we just got through with winter break, What the FUCK do you mean they are having an in-service day. What the hell do they do on those days anyway?

That aside the husband is simultaneously pimping himself out for a promotion and applying to grad school. The chaos is like manna from heaven, nectar of the gods, shoelaces to shoes, well you get my drift. I love it all, the hustle and bustle, the potential for drastic change. The "economy" can't faze me because I have been too busted for too long. Rejection can't faze me because without it I wouldn't strive to be more.

The moral of this story is that there is no moral... Life is simply how well you roll with the punches.

PLGC-out

No comments: