Friday, October 05, 2007

If you see my reflection...

"can I handle the seasons' of my life?"...

"time makes you bolder and children get older, well I'm getting older too."...

I just can't listen to this song the same way that I did when I was 25. Does seven years really make that much of a difference? I guess my answer would be yes. If you had asked me then if I would be a working mom in a dual income family I would have said.."Fuck no, I'm not ever having kids." woah-hoho look at me now.

Then: Age 25, Charm City, had the "hook up" (aka Larry, guitar strings, and zucchini) happily married, crazy fun, especially when entertaining larry and alcohol. This is the kind of code I spoke in then, it made perfect sense to me.

Now: Age 32, kids (aka BG and BB) happily married to HD, still fun not-so-crazy, especially with the occasional glass of red wine or a beer. This is the kind of code I speak in now, and it makes no sense.

Where will I be at 45 and 52? Will I have developed yet another code, jargon language that seem sensible and senseless at the same time? I certainly don't have the answer to that right now, but I can't wait to find out! Imagine living forever, what then? Man oh man what an adventure.

"I took my love, I took it down, Climbed a mountain and I turned around"...

"Can the child within my heart rise above?"...

2 comments:

egan said...

I think I might have to copy and paste this post into the Parent Translator. I got a little lost on some of the stuff mentioned here.

I've thought about the future more often now that I am a dad... a lot more often.

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Seven years makes a huge difference, seems like I was just 32, now I'm about to turn 38!! Yikes! Lots of song lyrics have different meanings now! Getting old, OH the JOY!
Seven years from now, for me, means empty nest WOOHOO!!! I am just ahead of you and I totally understand! :)