Looking back over my last few posts I think they have taken on more of a negative tone than I like. I seem to be manifesting the mediocre as of late. Well, that just won't do.
I don't find myself to be an overly mystical sort of gal but I do have the inherent belief that thoughts are things. I loved The Secret because it pointed out to me how often I tend to think of things in the wrong way. I really do focus my efforts on what is not happening in my life. Here is what IS happening & what I have to be grateful for;
- we are moving to NorCal East Bay area in 2 weeks.
- my husband has a job to transfer with, which lends a sense of stability to our lives.
- we have a pair of very lovely friends who are allowing us to share their living space while we search out one of our own.
- we are spending less than we are saving right now, which may not be much, but I have faith in the mama & papa dollar theory from "It's a Wonderful Life".
- our family unit has a unique strength and sense of love & togetherness.
- we have two lovely little beings in our life that give us the motivation to make this work.
- my DH is going back to school for his masters in a field he is passionate about.
- I Love my husband with all of my heart & soul, he is my best friend. (a bit old fashioned but there it is)
- we have reconnected with family in a remarkable way.
- we have been blessed with a support network of family and friends.
- we have our health.
This post is not overly witty. There is no hidden snark and I haven't even dropped the F-bomb once. I know that there are those of you who look forward to that type of post. Do not be discouraged, I have plenty of the funny and downright ridiculous left in me yet. Today, however, I want to focus on Keeping it Positive. That's all that you can do in the end.
I took a silly FaceBook quiz 2 days a go that I didn't publish because as I said, it was silly. It was something like; "what is your life quote?". At the time I thought, are you kidding me that is so overused & so generic. In retrospect, I kinda like it.
"When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade" ~Dale Carnegie
PLGC- to everyone keeping it positive.