Sunday, August 30, 2009

thanks to my brother-in-law who...

reminds me to Keep it Positive.

Looking back over my last few posts I think they have taken on more of a negative tone than I like. I seem to be manifesting the mediocre as of late. Well, that just won't do.

I don't find myself to be an overly mystical sort of gal but I do have the inherent belief that thoughts are things. I loved The Secret because it pointed out to me how often I tend to think of things in the wrong way. I really do focus my efforts on what is not happening in my life. Here is what IS happening & what I have to be grateful for;
  • we are moving to NorCal East Bay area in 2 weeks.
  • my husband has a job to transfer with, which lends a sense of stability to our lives.
  • we have a pair of very lovely friends who are allowing us to share their living space while we search out one of our own.
  • we are spending less than we are saving right now, which may not be much, but I have faith in the mama & papa dollar theory from "It's a Wonderful Life".
  • our family unit has a unique strength and sense of love & togetherness.
  • we have two lovely little beings in our life that give us the motivation to make this work.
  • my DH is going back to school for his masters in a field he is passionate about.
  • I Love my husband with all of my heart & soul, he is my best friend. (a bit old fashioned but there it is)
  • we have reconnected with family in a remarkable way.
  • we have been blessed with a support network of family and friends.
  • we have our health.
I know that I do not stop and take the time to be grateful for the good things in my life. It is so easy to get caught up in what is going wrong and to stray into more negativity. It is hard for me to take a closer look at my faults but when I do I find that there is not anything there that I cannot overcome.

This post is not overly witty. There is no hidden snark and I haven't even dropped the F-bomb once. I know that there are those of you who look forward to that type of post. Do not be discouraged, I have plenty of the funny and downright ridiculous left in me yet. Today, however, I want to focus on Keeping it Positive. That's all that you can do in the end.

I took a silly FaceBook quiz 2 days a go that I didn't publish because as I said, it was silly. It was something like; "what is your life quote?". At the time I thought, are you kidding me that is so overused & so generic. In retrospect, I kinda like it.

"When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade" ~Dale Carnegie

PLGC- to everyone keeping it positive.

No comments: