Monday, March 20, 2006

Superior Mediocrity

I feel as though I am superior in the land of mediocrity. Really though, is it just me or has the work force become a gaggle of pimple faced little shits? This new job training is drawn out, and time consuming, but they give you the tools. If one more little dweeb asks the trainer to slow down I might scream, out loud. To top that off, I come home and BB is doing something new. His expressions, movements, everything seem to be trucking along without me. BG too... She is saying the cutest things, and I look on aghast that she can have these sort of developments without me. I thought I would become superfluous somewhere in the teenage years, not at age "almost" three. I guess that I will deal. The sheer number of moms who know nothing else but seeing their kids right before bed-time has ceased to astound me. I have lost my (unknown to me until now) superiority SAHM complex. Now I just think gawd, what I wouldn't give to be home with my kids. I miss it, I really do. I know it's not forever, but what else will I miss in this first year? His first steps, her first solo bike ride. I am sad being the superior in this land of mediocrity.

No comments: